Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I keep getting told that they think I have tendinitis in my

I keep getting told that they think I have tendinitis in my right wrist (I am right handed), the doctors I have been to want commit to an diagnosis and keep sending me to specialist who tell me there is no structal damage in my wrist, I have been for a mother MRI and there is a gangalne cyst in the area of the inflation and where is hurts when I use my right hand to much, and my GP what's to send me back to the specialists for review. I feel like this is going around in cycles (this happened in nov 2011), just wondering if you had any other recommendation of what I could try? I have also gone to physo but have also been told that they think I have tendinitis and could not do anything else for me
I'm sorry to hear about your long standing, and unresolved, problem with your right wrist.

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief. It seems obvious to me that your current doctors have reached the bottom of their bag of tricks and, yet, you are still having these problems.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

While I have never been to Australia (although it is on my bucket list) I do know that there is a very good teaching hospital in Perth as well as Sydney. You will get an excellent diagnostic workup and treatment at either facility.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you

You are welcome. Please mash the positive feedback button for me so I can be compensated for helping you. Any bonus you might want to give would be appreciated.

Take care and best of luck to you.