Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

My mother- in- law had Alzheimers for more than 13 years now

My mother- in- law had Alzheimers for more than 13 years now and on tube feeding
and have glaucomia

How much time do you think she have left?
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

How old is she?

Does she have any other medical conditions or take any other medical problems?

How is her general health?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was born in 1944

She is bedridden for more than 10 years

Not able to talk and is blind

All I know now it that she is breathing and

moving her eyes

No movement on her legs and hands which were freeze a long time ago

As you might know, some physicians like to think of themselves as God. Unfortunately, this does not allow them to be able to predict the future.

Even with complete information on how her body is working right now (physical exam, history, laboratory values) it is impossible to say how long she would live. Heck, even in "end stage" cancer patients, doctors get how long a deathly ill person has to live right less then 50% of the time.

So. What is the take home message? It is impossible to know how long she has to live.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr Rick

My pleasure.