Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

So for the last 2 months ive been trying to get pregnany i

Customer Question

So for the last 2 months ive been trying to get pregnany i think i got my period this month but it was late and it last 3 days and it was very light. I do have a little pain in my lower left tummy and a little pressure ive been having headaches and my breast are killing me i did a pregnancy test today it was negative but ive been doing one since i stop my pills last month feb 27 i did a pregnancy blood test it was negative but the doctor said if i keep having this pain to go back so they can do a sonogram but i havent so i worry about me being pregnant
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

When did you get your period last month? And when did you get your delayed period this month? Dates?

When did you get the pregnancy test?

Were you on pills in February? When did you take the last pill?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My last period for last month was Feb 18 and my delayed period was on march 24 and i got a home pregnancy test today my last birth control pill was in feb i dont remeber the date
Stephanie,

Thank you for the additional information.

While pregnancy tests can be quite accurate when done at around the time of the missed period, some tests can show up a false positive or false negative result.

Your symptoms and results are a bit complicated since you have stopped the BC pills only one month ago. It can take the body about 3 months for the hormonal levels to stabilize - hormonal imbalance could be the cause of the delayed period as well as the breast symptoms, the light period and pain in the abdomen.

On the other hand, going off the BC pill can delay ovulation. So, if in this menstrual cycle, your ovulation has been delayed, then you can still be pregnant but it is too early for your pregnancy test to be positive. Your symptoms then can be due to pregnancy and the light period can be due to implantation bleeding.

Your doctor is right - if the pain continues for another week, you do need to get an ultrasound done. This is to confirm or rule out a pregnancy, especially an ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tubes.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes i feel a pressure when i move from side to side on my bed like a ball and i feel like a beat like if it was a heartbeat like right now am on my left and its really hard on that side ??
It is too early to feel either a fetal movement or the enlarged uterus at this time.

The beat like a heartbeat that you feel is probably the throbbing of an artery on that side. While it can sometime be felt in anormal pregnancy, it is more likely to be felt in an ectopic. Please consult your doctor for an ultrasound - the earlier an ectopic ( if any) is detected, the better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those this mean i cant have this baby ?!
If it is an ectopic, you cannot have the baby.

But your symptoms may not be due to an ectopic. Avery early normal pregnancy can produce similar symptoms.

But it will be better to get an ultrasound for confirmation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you am really nervous thanks alot for your help have a good night tomorrow i will go to my doctor i will try to let you know if your online
Yes, please let me know the results of the ultrasound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So i did a sonagram she said there is no baby but i may have a small inflamation in my ovary but i forgot to ask her can i still get pregnant having this problem
Stephanie,

Yes, you can still get pregnant - the inflammation of the ovary will go down with time.