Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Im having chest pain often sometimes it makes me feel dizy

I'm having chest pain often sometimes it makes me feel dizy like today I went to the ER once because of it and they told me it was cause by my emphizema can I have a answer
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

What is your question?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a prostate surgery six years ago and I have emphysema and I was taking Xalatan for glaucoma which doctors stop me taking for seven months meaning I was put on observation
Thank you for that extra information.

Xalatan is an excellent medicine for glaucoma that has no system side effects. As such it will not affect your emphysema at all.

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering. Since the ER doesn't seem to feel your issues are severe enough for inpatient treatment or emergency therapy doesn't mean that you still don't have a significant issue.

At this point I think your best option is to gather up your medical records and make an appointment with a pulmonologist for a complete workup and evaluation. Depending on your past experience, you might even want to consider taking the bold step of consulting with a Professor of Pulmonology at a large university Teaching Hospital.

Why a Teaching Hospital? Well, at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Florida specially Miami and I don't feel good can you suggest me a hospital or a clinic where I can reach now
Yes. You live very near to one of the best teaching hospitals in the country.

At the University of Miami Hospital you will get some of the best care available anywhere. Here is their website where you can contact them for an appointment.

http://www.umiamihospital.com/

If possible, try to either bring your medical records with you or have the office request them from your previous doctors before the day of your visit. This will help the Professor to better understand what you have been going through.

Take care and best of luck :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you have managed to set up and appointment with a doctor at UMH.

I hope you are well on your way to feeling better. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in the future.

Dr. Rick MD FACS