Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am having problems with my sinus and I think I maybe getting

I am having problems with my sinus and I think I maybe getting a inter ear infection. I feel light headed and my sinus is running in the back of my throat. I can't get it to blow out through. I am on blood pressures Ned's and was wondering if there is something I could do without having to go in. Also this is making me sick to my stomach.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

How long has this been going on?

RickMD :

Do you have any other symptoms?

RickMD :

Other then high blood pressure, do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : How long has this been going on?
RickMD : Do you have any other symptoms?
RickMD : Other then high blood pressure, do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Has been going on for around 5 days
No
Nothing exceptvitamins
Tammy,

I think that while your problem may have started out as a viral infection, from what you have posted it is very possible that you now have a secondary bacterial infection.

Unfortunately, the only way to know if this is true -- and to treat it if it is -- would be to see a doctor and get a prescription for antibiotics.

If you do this, I would expect you to start feeling better within 24 hours.

I wish that I could give you a home therapy that would make you feel better without having to go in but, the truth of the matter is, I think your best bet after 5 days of suffering is to get into see an MD....

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Tammy,

I do not understand why you gave me a poor rating....

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Hi Tammy,

I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you were able to see a doctor on Wednesday. I hope you are getting the care you need and are feeling better already.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you in the future.

Dr. Rick MD FACS