Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am having problems with my sinus and I think I maybe getting

I am having problems with my sinus and I think I maybe getting a inter ear infection. I feel light headed and my sinus is running in the back of my throat. I can't get it to blow out through. I am on blood pressures Ned's and was wondering if there is something I could do without having to go in. Also this is making me sick to my stomach.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

How long has this been going on?

RickMD :

Do you have any other symptoms?

RickMD :

Other then high blood pressure, do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : How long has this been going on?
RickMD : Do you have any other symptoms?
RickMD : Other then high blood pressure, do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has been going on for around 5 days
No
Nothing exceptvitamins
Tammy,

I think that while your problem may have started out as a viral infection, from what you have posted it is very possible that you now have a secondary bacterial infection.

Unfortunately, the only way to know if this is true -- and to treat it if it is -- would be to see a doctor and get a prescription for antibiotics.

If you do this, I would expect you to start feeling better within 24 hours.

I wish that I could give you a home therapy that would make you feel better without having to go in but, the truth of the matter is, I think your best bet after 5 days of suffering is to get into see an MD....

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Tammy,

I do not understand why you gave me a poor rating....

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Hi Tammy,

I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you were able to see a doctor on Wednesday. I hope you are getting the care you need and are feeling better already.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you in the future.

Dr. Rick MD FACS