Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I am 68 years old and cant believe that what I have is a yeast

I am 68 years old and can't believe that what I have is a yeast infection. It has been about 30 years since I last experienced this. I have recently stopped taking Prozac, could this have anything to do with a yeast infection? Since it has been so long, can you tell me what is the best product to buy.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Prozac would not be expected to in anyway contribute to you having a yeast infection.

RickMD :

The good news? Since you last dealt with the issue, medication to easily treat a yeast infection has become available over the counter without a doctors Rx.

RickMD :

There are a number of products available and all of them work. Monostat is the one my wife uses...other brand names are XXXXX XXXXX or mycelex.

RickMD :

All of them are safe and effective.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I remember in the past that there was 7 day and 3 day and 1 day medication. Which would be the right one to get?