Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

DrDlove answered my questions very well the other day regarding

DrDlove answered my questions very well the other day regarding "abstinence" time required before a pre-employment drug test. He noted it was typically 3-4 four days for cocaine depending on the metabolism of the individual. To be safe, he recommended 4-5 days of abstinence and this period was in his opinion not greatly different even for moderate-to-high users as the body metabolism was the driving factor as opposed to usage frequency. I have confirmed it will be a urine test and I have been abstinent for 8 days and have a test tomorrow (after 9 days). Is there ANY CHANCE AT ALL I could still be flagged ? On the internet many of the sites say the period for cocaine is 3-4 days but there are others that say it as much as 10 days (though many of those are sites that sell detoxifying products or home-tests so possibly they are exaggerating to sell their products.... I considered getting a home-test kit but it is holiday weekend and in case, the disclaimers all say those tests are designed to test rfor usage within the last 72 hours which I know I will pass. I really need this job so am I DEFINATELY (100%) safe or should I try and get out of it and postpone though this may look suspicious.... I originally was told I didn't need a pre-employment screening so this has taken me by surprise but I really really can't afford to take any chances as I need this job very badly. Please advise, Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I haven;t rec'd an answer yet to my new question. I was very satisified with DrDLove's answer a few days ago but he is off-line right now and I need feedback. Thank you.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

In medicine, as in life, nothing is 100%...well, maybe death and possibly taxes....

From what you have posted, I can assure you that you have a 99.999997% chance of PASSING this urine test and, hopefully, getting this great new job :-)

So. What is the take home message here? You can take this urine test with confidence that you will pass with flying colors.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

PS: Enjoy your new job and let me know if there is anything else I can to for you in the future :)
Paul,

We have been experiencing glitches in the system recently. Are you able to read my response to your question above? If not, please let me know and I can repost it for you.....

Dr Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr,

I didn't receive an answer to my second question, would be appreciated if you could repost it. Also I just wanted to confirm your answer wouldn't change if I tell you I was a relatively "frequent" user before the last 8 days (ex. daily or every 2 days). Thank you very much for your help as it will give me some "peace of mind" for this test that I wasn't expecting !

Thank you

No. My answer won't change. You will be safe 9 days out :)

And I'm very sorry about the Gremlins who have taken up residence in our system and ate my answer :(

Here is my answer again:

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

If that came through you can just mash the excellent feedback button....if not let me know and I will talk to the engineers and get your answer to you, even if we have to send it by carrier pigeon lol!

Good luck tomorrow.

Dr Rick MD FACS
Paul,

So. Did you pass the test as I assured you that you would?

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doctor,

Thank you very much for following up with me, it is much appreciated.

I did the test Tuesday at noon and havent't heard anything yet ? The results are sent directly to my work and though I thought about doing it, I didn't want to call them and inquire. How long would it take for them to send the results back to my work ? I know when I was setting a pre-test on my own (before the work one), they had told me 24 hours.

I was nervous the next day but I figure it is good I didn't hear anything yet, as they say "No news is good news". I start Monday so I'm thinking they would have informed me if I was flagged ???

Anyway, I will call HR tomorrow under some question or information I need and I figure I'll find out then - one way or another (!).

You sound very very sure I passed. I understand it is more than likely based on your opinion but I won't be 100% settled till I know for sure.

Thank you for the interest and if I pass tomorrow, I'll remember it - perhaps a celebration tip !!

Paul

Paul,

The test at the lab only takes a short time but I'm not sure how long it takes for them to send the results to your work, or for your work to share the results with you.

I think you are safe to start ordering party supplies now.....I'll be the farm that you passed.

Let me know.

Dr Rick