Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

Recently I have been getting these spells where I start getting

Recently I have been getting these spells where I start getting jittery and shakey and my heart starts fluttering racing and there's this weird numbness in my teeth I get short tempered I also getting dizzy light headed with a weird tingling numbness throught my chest and arms I don't know how else to explain it it just doesn't feel right

Welcome and thank you for your question. Can I have more details please?

- Since when have you had these spells? And how often do you have them - once a day, once a week etc?

- Are you under stress of any type?

- Have you recently stared a new exercise routine, or started exercise drinks or protein drinks?

- are you in a new relationship?

- What medicines, if any are you on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It started 3 weeks ago, at least 2 times a week sometimes more,various on how long it lasts. Yes I have been stressed. No to the rest of the questions.

Thank you for the additional information.

The symptoms you describe can be symptoms of either a heart problem or a panic disorder. At your age, a panic disorder is more likely especially since you are under stress.

Although , mentally, you may not feel panicky, acute stress ans subsequent panic can increase the heart rate. This can affect the passage of blood flow in the body which in turn can cause dizzyness, weakness, etc.

A cardiac problem known as sinus tachycardia is also a possibility. This condition also causes increased heart rate with the subsequent symptoms. It usually subsides spontaneously.

Please consult a doctor - an EKG will help rule out or confirm sinus tachycardia.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How serious can this be. I smoke and have asthma. I have had chest pains in the past that were just a numb pain.Also I don't eat correctly and I'm not very active since I've lost my job nearly a year ago. And then I was mostly active at work Which was fast food. I weigh around 230 lbs. At 6' tall. I have taken albutoral and used inhalers nearly all my life. I have smoked since I was about 13. When the spells stop I get a tingling in my finger tips or just a sore pain on my left side of my chest.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Having spells of being jittery and numb type feeling in my teeth heightened heart rate or fluttering just comes and goes with a tingling in my arms fingertips afterwards have a sore pain in my chest left side hard breathing I'm 25 yo wiegh around 230 lbs at6' tall.I have smoked since I was thirteen and have had asthma my whole life and have taken albutoral and used inhalers my whole life. I used to work fast food which is a lot of stress but been out of work for a year not very active and don't eat right. I have had pains in my chest before with a numb pain running through before and haven't done anything but now it happens at least two to four times a week and it started getting worse with the jittery feeling. I have to try and just sit or lay down because I get light headed as well. The jitters run through my entire chest and I just don't feel right.
Hello from JA
I am Dr. Thomas, board certified internal medicine doctor and integrative medicine doctor.

I see your relist
You have already done a positive rating.
Do you want to continue with me and rate positive as satisfied.?