Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

morning, I tried to google the word but do not get the answer....pleas

morning, I tried to google the word but do not get the answer....
please explain what it means for your body to reach your metabolic equilibrium.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

How do you use this term in your practice?

Where did you learn that this is a goal/means to weight loss?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when you do not reach your goal weight on the Dr. cohen diet program , he does not stabilise you because he says you did not reach your metabolic equilibruim, and therefor stand a chance to pick up all the weight or even more again.

last year i picked up 10 kg in one month after i had a brain virus, arbovirus and herpes zimplex as well as glossopharyngeal neuralgia. he also then told me i had to correct my metabolic equilibruim, i still sometimes have the neuralgia and struggle to loose that weight, so how do i fix this and what do i tell people what the "metabolic equilibruim" means. thank you I appreciate your help.

.
Oops! I see that the gremlins ate my answer above :(

Let me retype it for you...

There is no medical or physiological need or "metabolic equilibrium" that needs to be reached, from a scientific or medical point of view, to maintain any specific body weight.

While there are a few rare medical causes of weight gain in 99.9% of cases excessive body mass is caused by taking in more calories per unit time then your body burns.

This is the reason you have not been able to find a definition for this "condition" outside of Dr. Cohens own literature.

I am not saying that his diet doesn't work to help people loose weight, only that his explanation that some sort of "metabolic equilibrium" needs to be reached prior to "stabilization"

In my professional opinion that is a bunch of BS.....and should be considered a marketing ploy.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

o ok then i know there is no such thing.

while talking to you, do you know why a person gets encyphylitus and why do one keep on getting it.

i had a few years back 4 others but it was not as paifull as the last one.

That is correct.

You shouldn't keep on getting encephalitis after it had been cured unless the causative agent had not been eradicated, you still have a place where bacteria etc can get access to your brain/spinal fluid (CSF leak) a tumor is present etc.

If you are having repeat episodes of encephalitis which, as you know can be very serious or even fatal, then you need a complete workup to figure out why.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC