Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have a bad pain in my left arm from the elbow to the shoulder

I have a bad pain in my left arm from the elbow to the shoulder it's a 10 or worse on pain I can't lift my arm up with out a lot of pain blood pressure is good my back has been hurting a lot lately im 36 and a male arm thing just started tonight at 8:30when I was playing pool
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Is there any swelling?

Have you done anything that might have hurt your arm recently?

What is the pain like? Tingling? throbbing? aching?

When you try to lift your arm, where is the pain?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think there is any swelling I don't recall doing anything that would hurt my arm I have been shooting a lot of pool and I have a bad back.its like a tingling and aching it hurts so bad I can't really lift it some times it feels like my last two fingers get numb. The is right in the biceps area but on the outer flat side
Edward,

It sounds like you are having some compression of the nerves in your neck that serve your arm.

This is not something that you should mess around with. I suggest you get in to see a doctor today. You might need an MRI of your neck, depending on what your physical exam shows.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get to the doctors until tomorrow morning is there something I can do to help it out till then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not nothing that's going to kill me right
Edward,

No. I do not think this is something that is going to kill you :)

I would rest your arm, take motrin or another anti inflammatory medicine and put ice on your neck until you can get in to see your doctor tomorrow morning.

If, however, things get worse during the day then you should consider going to the ER as there is a chance you could do permanent damage to the nerves.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you