Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

Which is safer: 10 mg Ambien or two- three teaspoons Chloral

Which is safer: 10 mg Ambien or two- three teaspoons Chloral hydrate? How so they differ in efficacy?

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Chloral hydrate is not approved by the FDA in the United States or the EMA in the European Union for any medical indication and is on the list of unapproved drugs that is still prescribed by clinicians. No clinical trials have been done on this drug so far and so its efficacy and safety levels have not been clearly defined.

But on the whole, Ambien is more effective since it causes earlier sedation. But where safety is concerned, chloral hydrate is said to be safer in small doses although both cause addiction.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.