Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

Ive been exercising daily using a mini trampoline. After two

I've been exercising daily using a mini trampoline. After two weeks I noticed pain in my left ankle. I stupidly used the trampoline once more as psin had eased. Now ankle is very swollen, can barely walk. Right ankle also hurts a bit but bearable. Pain hadn't eased with RICE. Been over a week now

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Ankle pain after jumping on a trampoline is usually caused by a bad landing on the canvas which twists the ankle.

The injuries are usually mild causing sprain of the soft tissues. These should heal with RICE treatment. In some cases, however, the injury can be quite severe with tearing of the muscles or ligaments.

Since your ankle has not healed in over 1 week with RICE, it really needs to be examined.

Please consult your doctor for an xray - you may also need an MRI to identify the severity of the tissue injuries. Meanwhile please wear an ankle strap to decrease mobility of the ankles joint and prevent worsening of any injuries you may have. Continue with a painkiller like Ibuprofen and ice pack.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.