Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

dear sir madam,my last antibiotic was levaquin for 21 days.

dear sir madam,

my last antibiotic was levaquin for 21 days. after that i was given a shot of the same thing. before levaquin i tried 5-6 other antibiotics and only was able to finish one of them. none of them worked. i was allergic to others. its been four months and exactly right now my head feels like a brick i feel pressure under eyes my ear hurts and so does my throat. what can i do at this time? i really don't feel good right now.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

What other antibiotics have you taken?

What type of allergic reaction did you have?

What type of infection do you have?

Did it ever get any better?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

How did all of this start?

Where is the infection (arm, chest, head etc)?

What has your doctor had to say about all of this?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm so sorry....I'm feeling so much pressure on my head----i forgot to type that i was diagnosed with bilateral sinusitis back in december, then chronic sinusitis, then acute sinusitis and now in addition to that my throat hurts for the past two weeks and my ear hurts as well.

to the best of my memory i took zithramax, amox, levaquin, clarimathicyn, bactrum or is it bactrim, and levaquin again for 21 days (others only for few day prescription) and last shot of levaquin. i was allergic to amox, bactrum/bactrim---rash, couldn't breathe on and off. woke up at night---couldn't breathe.

it must be a typical or atypical ent infection with major crazy sinusitis.

it started four months ago---i started feeling that i'm coming down with a cold next thing i knew i was calling 911 few times high blood pressure passing out it was horrible. it got a tiny bit better but my body is very very weak. the ear nose throat infection did not go away and sinus comes back after few days--gives me a day or two of a break and i'm back to square one. i cannot function.

the doctors ordered another cat with contrast scan, i had one done in december and told me to come back in a month. hell no. pardon my french.

hope to hear from you soon.

Dorota,

I'm sorry to hear about all the difficulty you have been having.

From what you have posted, it seems to me that you need another CT scan or, possibly, an MRI of your sinuses. Since all of the medical management has not cleared things up you might need surgery to get rid of the problem.

I suggest you obtain copies of all your medical records and consult with a different ENT surgeon. You might even want to consider traveling to a large University teaching hospital for a second opinion and management.

Why a Teaching Hospital? Because, at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS