Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have an acquaintance who has been taking klonopin .5mg 3x

I have an acquaintance who has been taking klonopin .5mg 3x daily for a number of years. Is there a route to a low cost substitute. How should she be weaned off klonopin?

Drugdad :

Hi, let me help you with this.

Drugdad :

Klonopin have a generic which is cheap compare to other drugs. If you have a prescription, you can get it filled at Walmart pharmacy.

Drugdad :

As for how to wean off of c

Drugdad :

Drugdad :

Because of duration of use, your friend is better off working a doctor to gradually reduce the dose

Drugdad :

If you have additional question, feel free to ask

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the name of the generic and what do you think it costs at Walmart?

Regarding reducing the dose, is it possible for you to cite a typical schedule? I'm afraid my friend has a tendency to reduce her medication due to lack of money. I'm trying to understand how much risk she is taking. She doesn't have a doctor supervising, again because of the cost.

The price should be minimal for the generic clonazepam.

The weaning depends on the individual but some doctors will the dose every two weeks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It turns out, she doesn't react well to the generic. I'm back to the question of the cheapest way for her to obtain Klonopin. Thanks.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m the moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but It seems that the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. But don’t worry….. If you are still waiting for an answer, I will try to find a new professional to assist you! Please keep in mind that sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. All of our Professionals come on at varying times, so sometimes it’s a bit difficult to predict. Either way....If you would prefer not to wait, please feel free to let me know, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still need answer

Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. You will receive an email when your professional has responded. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Good afternoon. I am online and available to assist you. I see that your previous expert has opted out and is no longer able to help you.

I have reviewed the answer your previous expert has given you.

What else would you like to ask of me?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The woman I am trying to help apparently has been taking Klonopin .5mg 3x daily for many years. She says she can't take the generic because "it makes her cry."

Her partner of 20 years committed suicide. She effectively has nothing. I and my church have been trying to help her dig out of this hole. We've made progress on housing and job, but don't have any solution to the expense of klonopin. She has a doctor's Rx for this med.

Can you give me any guidance?

Yes. You can help her to obtain her klonopin in a number of ways.

I believe klonopin is available for $4 for 30 day supply at walmart. With the Rx in hand she will be able to get her medication right away.

You can help her find a local county medical clinic that will see her and give her a Rx on a sliding scale basis based on what she can pay, or even for free, if needed.

Also, if she contacts the patient advocate at the local hospital that person can help your friend to sign up for medical assistance and government help as needed.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC