Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

Hi there, earlier today I experienced some severe chest pains

Hi there, earlier today I experienced some severe chest pains which lasted over an hour. I felt my face burning and felt weak... it left me fatigued for the rest of the day. I am 53 and always been healthy. I walk about an hour everyday. I'm a non-smoker, though I do like a beer. At the moment, I'm home and resting. I've a slight headache but I'm OK, I'm a little stressed and fatigued. I've had pain like that before but doesn't occur often and never as bad as today. Generally, there are a lot of changes happening to me at this time in my workplace which I guess is giving me extreme anxiety and sleepless nights. I'm putting today down as a mild panic attack. What I've written to you is what I would say to my doctor. I feel foolish to see him as I don't want to waste his time besides it might be just stress but today I didn't feel well and I can't deny that. If I'm OK tomorrow, I'll let today go. Is that the right thing to do?

Welcome and thank you for your question.
Going by your symptoms, I think you need to take this very seriously.

Severe chest pains which leaves you fatigued, weak and stressed can be due too a mild heart attack. The fact that your face became flushed at that time is also not a good sign. Although you are generally healthy, you do need to get a complete checkup, especially with an EKG.

While there is a possibility that this was a panic attack, please get an examination by your doctor to confirm or rule out a heart problem. please do not let it go, even if you do not have any symptoms tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.