Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

my left love handle,

my left love handle, above the hip bone, is a lot bigger than the right. I weigh 51 kgs so it is fairly noticeable. I don't know how long the swelling has been there but it was not like this before, ever. I have no injury & no pain. I am 57 years old. It looks deformed. The swelling is soft like extra fat or skin.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

It is likely that you have a Lipoma in that area. Lipomas are benign fat tumors and occur in areas where fat is more.

Most lipomas do not need treatment unless they are very large or are increasing in size.

Please consult your doctor for an ultrasound of that area . you will also need a biopsy for a confirmation.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.