Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello, I am trying to conceive, and am attempting a natural

Hello, I am trying to conceive, and am attempting a natural cycle this month. My doctor said he would give me a shot at 5 days after my surge, to support implantation, because I seemed to have a short luteal phase. When I called the nurse, she mentioned it was Ovidrel. Am I correct in thinking that Ovidrel is a medication used prior to ovulation, and I should actually be getting a different type of shot? Progesterone or hcg or something? I don't want to be a difficult patient, but I'm wondering if there is a mistake or miscommunication. What do you think?
Good Morning. I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

I agree with you. I'm not sure what the nurse meant. I think she might have been confused.

While I am sure that your OB/GYN would make sure that you were given the correct medication, I suggest you call the doctors office and ask to speak to the MD directly. Since the doctor knows your situation she will be the best source of information on this very important issue.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS