Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

When I become aroused I notice a red flushed rash around my

When I become aroused I notice a red flushed rash around my neck and chest. This disappears shortly after orgasm. I did not noticed this until a recent flu virus. Is this normal
Or should I be concerned since it began post flu virus?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Flushing and getting a red rash on arousal is quite normal and occurs in many men. It had probably occurred to you earlier but you had not noticed.

Since the flu can cause inflammatory reactions in the body, possibly the rash has become more prominent now.

You do not have cause for concern - this is normal.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One follow up question related to my recent flu virus (about 30 days ago). I also experienced a sinus infection immediately following the flu. My symptoms have passed but I noticed 2 lymph nodes are still slightly swollen in my neck. Is this any concern?
No, this is not of concern as long as the lymph nodes are not painful. pain would indicate continuing inflammation.

Lymph nodes can remain enlarged for quite some time - sometimes up to 3 months after an infection. Some lymph nodes can remain enlarged for longer if the infection was quite acute and the node has undergone scarring.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it was a very bad and sudden flu virus which lasted about 10days. After which I had the sinus infection. My concern about the nodes is due to having two cysts in my sinus cavity next to my nose (one being very large). I was on augmentin for 8 days but I noticed I still have a very small amount of discolored mucus when I blow my nose on the side that has the very large cyst. Do you think this is of concern or can it take some time to return to normal? Thanks.
Since you have only a small amount of colored mucus now, the inflammation is decreasing and should clear up in time. The cyst will also go down.

You have no cause for concern.