Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

Hi Very worried here, let me explain what happened. A

Hi Very worried here, let me explain what happened. A week ago I went to doctor because I found a very small rice grain shapped lump on my left testical. It does not hurt, there is no Sting or pain and I could press it quite hard and it feels firm like a price of grizzle. It is around the middle of the testical but towards the inside edge near where the epididimis is. Now I felt it and thought it was alone and the doctor felt it very quickly and said probably a cyst or a varicocele. But go for a check with urologist. I said as long as he thinks it is not serious then I will leave it. Yesterday I started to get pains left and right testicals shooting up towards stomach, it feels as though a stich on left side but not bad and not always. I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid about it, but when I felt in the bath I felt the following. Left testical. Big fat vein running alon the back of testical towards this lump I found. Then around this lump is tiny vein like bumps but not as hard and very squishy, then when I feel this hard lump it feels like a tiny worm in the shape of a C, the letter C. And it feels like it is t such a lump becuAuse it feels like a space in the middle hence the letter it feels like. I'm worried about this scan I have booked on Monday, where I am the doctor does t speak English. He said a suspected varicocele or cyst but he says to rule nothing out, I'm worried a lot here I'm 34 by the way and no history or testical problems ever.

Sometimes the vein doesnt feel big but the lump is always there.

Could a lump be hard and this shape and be on the left testical and still be a cyst, you hear about cysts being soft. And usually on the epididimis. Mine is actually in the testical. So could it be a cyst? A varicocele is just the veins right? So how could it be a varicocele if its on

Hi there...

Cyst is always soft structure as it is fluid filled cavity,and varicocele are dilated veins,so it is highly unlikely that it is cyst or Varicocele because Varicocele appears like bag of worms,it can be genital wart.

I will suggest you to get ultrasonography to rule out cyst/varicocele and get examination of lump from Dermatologist to see what exactly lump is.

This is best for you.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX you good health.

Please leave positive feedback for me.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to have a wart actually attached to the testical and not on top of the skin covering the testical? I have heard that cysts can turn hard over time? Is this a fact?

Thanks for your follow up question.

Yes wart can attatch with testicle,it can be on skin,on penis.

Cyst is usually soft and depending on the composition of cyst fluid you can judge that whether it will go hard with time or not.If it contains protenious material it can become hard with time.

I will suggest you to get complete evaluation from Dermatologist.

Regards,rating my service as excellent will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does what I have sound like it might be cancer? The hard lump on testical? Or is it common to find such a lump on the middle side of testical and not be cancer

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By the way do you understand d the lump is under the scrotom skin actually on the testical and not on the skin on top of the testical?

If lump is hard than as I already mentoned it is not cyst or Varicocele so other differentials can be wart,boil,or it can be testicular growth that need complete examination from Urologist.

If lump is attatched with testis and hard than possibility of cancer should be ruled out.

If it is not attatched with testis that it is highly likely wart.

Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you sure about this? Because I read a hard lump attach ex to testis should NOT be ruled out as cancer. Just checking

Any lump attached with testis should be ruled out for cancer.

Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You'll have to excuss me, but on the NHS of the uk and the international symptoms checked for the planet it states that a hard lump attattached to the testical could be cancer. Possibly something is being lost in translation here but usually it is lump not attached to the testical that should be ruled out as cancer? Is this not right

I will opt out so that other experts may help you otu.

Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you how do I request a different doctor to answer this

It would be best to wait for the actual ultrasound scan to be done,that will settle the issue whether the question whether it is a cyst or some other structure.It may be a varicoele or testicular vein,a hydrocoele or a small swelling in the coverings of the testis,a epidydemal cyst or a spermatocoele,and lastly it may be a malignant lump.Since the lump is in the scrotum,it is unlikely to be a wart.It may also be a infection of the epididymis or the spermatic cord,it would be difficult to say what it is without the scan and actually examining the patient.Testicular malignancy is a rare possibility.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you think about it being quite hard and on the middle edge if testical near body of epididimis? Could it still be a small cyst or vein from the actual testical?

It could be a small cyst arising from the testicle,which may be hard or soft,you may also be feeling a dilated vein alongside the cyst.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would just like to add that I felt this morning and nothin was there. I was happy and felt two or three times and even warmed the area to feel properly. There was nothin the testical watotally smooth both sides.

then after sitting down for 5 minutes this is after I got out of bed I felt with one finger where I though it might be and I felt it again, it felt smaller when i layed down but then it got bigger until it was the same size again.

I went out for an hour. Came home and now when I feel it it is smaller than ever, hardly noticeable but still there it seems to change from grain of rice to a squiggly C shape. Only when impress hard does it feel firm, but when you touch soft it feels less firm. Almost soft.

would a worst case scenario lump act this way? Or be so difficult to find then change its character ?

thanks

It seems to be a cystic swelling which changes shape.It may be a varicocele/hydrocele or a spermatocele which goes down and swells up .
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience