Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

hi there, for the last two years, i have been suffering with

hi there, for the last two years, i have been suffering with burning abdominal pain which woke me up from my sleep alot of times. it would go on for a week at a time then go away for a while. it became more constant. also i have been feeling alot of dicomfort by the anus. itchy esp after going to the loo. i took disposadories for a lil while. which help. it kept coming back too. i dont have medical aid as of yet so i avoid going to doctors of hospitals. anyway i have taken up the sport spinning to try loose weight. the other day i got a extreme discomfort in my back. i thought i had hurt myself. i therefor went to pharmacy. got given muscle relaxers and was told to use a anti inflam. threw the night i was taking so many and it kept getting worse. i suffered threw the night . went to a gp who gave me a pain inj that did not work. only for an hour. and again suffered with burning pain in my stomach and extreme pain in the opposit direction through the back. later that day another doc said i may have an ulcer or gastritis. he perscribed me nexium and it helped a lil. i was so weak the next day. when i moved i could still feel slight pain in my stomach and back. had to take caution where ever i went. continued through the night and again woke up in the night. i felt the nexium has only helped a lil. although pain is not gone completely. i also went to the loo and got that itchy discomfort again and saw bright red blood on the loo paper. this concerns me. im waiting for blood results. what could all this be? am i in danger. as my medical aid only kicks in in april they wont cover me until then for anything. could i just hold out on nexium until then??

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms suggest that you suffer from some problems which are probably not related to each other.

The burning pain in the abdomen is likely to be due to gastritis. gastritis is inflammation of the inner lining pf the stomach which can become worse on taking painkillers - this is the reason why your pain has increased now. Nexium is quite effective in controlling Gastritis - if it does not help, you will need to take stronger medicines.

The itching around teh anus as well as the bleeding is likely to be due to hemorrhoids (piles). Piles occur due to congested veins at the anus which can bleed while passing stool. Inflammation of the piles can cause itching as well as some amount of mucoid discharge. You can use an ointment known as Preparation H available without a prescription.

The back pain is likely to be due to muscular sprain.

None of the conditions are serious and you can easily wait till April to get them checked out. Continue with nexium and Preparation H.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.