Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Can a gluten-free diet help Hashimotos thyroiditis? I am

Can a gluten-free diet help Hashimoto's thyroiditis? I am 47 yo female on Armour thyroid.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

There is no evidence that gluten-free diet will help with hashimoto's but, on the other hand it will not hurt at all.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : There is no evidence that gluten-free diet will help with hashimoto's but, on the other hand it will not hurt at all.
RickMD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance