Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I am looking at this post http://www.justanswer.com/medical/5g07j-told-large-intestines-mo

I am looking at this post http://www.justanswer.com/medical/5g07j-told-large-intestines-move-chest.html

I'm seeing a chiropractor and had a sensation of something dropping from my chest and unraveling. I was able to breath much more easily after this happened. I'm wondering if I have the same problem this woman is talking about. Also I have a sensation of cords moving around in my head. Is it possible for the large intestine to move into someone's head?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Large intestines can not move into your head, so you have nothing to worry about there

RickMD :

As the thread you posted discussed, the only way for intestines to get in your chest is for there to be a hole in your diaphragm. This hole would make it very, very difficult to breathe even if the wayward intestines "dropped" back where they belong.

RickMD :

While, from what you have posted, I do not believe you have a hole in your diaphragm, the best way to rule out this condition would be with a physical exam by a doctor and, if indicated, a chest xray

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : Large intestines can not move into your head, so you have nothing to worry about there
RickMD : As the thread you posted discussed, the only way for intestines to get in your chest is for there to be a hole in your diaphragm. This hole would make it very, very difficult to breathe even if the wayward intestines "dropped" back where they belong.
RickMD : While, from what you have posted, I do not believe you have a hole in your diaphragm, the best way to rule out this condition would be with a physical exam by a doctor and, if indicated, a chest xray
RickMD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if you received my reply. I was wondering if you have any sense of what might be causing the symptoms I'm experiencing.

Veena,

I'm sorry. Your reply did not come through :(

The sensation of cords moving in your head could be a vascular issue or maybe muscle spasms in your scalp. As to the improvement in breathing after the treatment you got, it could be a relief of a pinched nerve etc.

Without a complete examination it is really hard to know for sure. The good news? It is not from your intestines being in the wrong place.

I suggest you consult with an internal medicine MD and see what she has to say.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Have a good evening
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC