Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

Day 4 of severe dull lower abdominal / colon pain. Constant.

Customer Question

Day 4 of severe dull lower abdominal / colon pain. Constant. From belly button to rectum. No fever. No diahrea. Pooped twice yesterday. Very painful though. Everything is painful to do. Sitting, moving, etc. Bloated, painful lower belly. No antacid or heartburn meds help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms indicate that you are likely to have an infection of the intestines - probably a colitis. Colitis can cause dull pain which increases on movement. While in most cases, it causes diarrhea, in some cases, diarrhea may not be present. This is especially true if you have diverticulitis - an inflammation of a pouch in the colon.

Other causes of this type of pain can be Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), Crohn's disease Irritable Bowel syndrome etc.

Please consult your doctor - since you have had the pain for 4 days now, you will need an ultrasound as well as a stool test and/or colonoscopy for an accurate diagnosis.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response. How ever, I really didn't learn anything other than what I learned in a quick 10 second google search... I was hoping, that for $35, I would have been asked a question or two, such as, has the pain gotten worse, better, the same? And what could be the possible scenario for each of those...

I joined Kaiser last year, and have only gone once to the urgent care (not for the same issue). I was seen by a NP rather than an MD, and if I went again, I wanted to have a little more knowledge before I went in, so that I am not just sent home with an antacid, and that they would actually do an MRI or what ever may be deemed necessary...

Also, don't know if it showed up, but I originally added that I have one ovary bigger than the other upon ultrasound, and many fibroid tumors...

Thanks~

Lisa,

Thank you for the additional information.

No, there was no information added about an ultrasound showing an enlarged ovary or fibroids. Since you do have them, i would like more information on them since the pain is likely to be related to them.

- When was the ulrasound done and do you know the size of teh ovaries, especially the enlarged one? Was the ovary enlarged over all or was there a cyst?

- What are the sizes of the fibroids? How many do you have?

- What is your menstrual cycle like - regular, irregular? how heavy or light is the blood flow?

- When did you get your last period?

- What medicines, if any, are you on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I tried to get the info that you requested, but haven't had a reply yet from doctor. All that I know is that one ovary was a lot larger ( I remember someone referencing 5X's larger?) and that I have lots of fibroids tumors.
My periods were always nothing my whole life, but for the last several years have been extremely heavy.
I am not on any meds. But felt weak so started flora vital iron and vitamin B. Then my bloodwork said I was very low in vit D, so started taking that.
I had ultrasound done last June, and another over a month ago. But my doc usually sounds confused. She doesn't look at results herself, and doesn't go over them with me. When I asked her if there was any difference in the sizes of everything, she didn't even know which ovary I was referring to. I know, time to switch MD's... But until then... ? Maybe you have some ideas?
Lisa,

If one of your ovary is really 5 times larger than the other, then that is quite large. the enlargement can be due to fluid or solid tissue. if this is a solid tumor, then this is quite serious as solid tumors are frequently cancerous. You need to see another doctor as early as possible.

If the enlargement is due to a cyst (fluid) then you need to get this followed up every 3-6 months. An increasing cyst needs to be surgically removed.

Multiple fibroids or ovarian cysts or tumors can cause abnormal bleeding.

the dull aching abdominal pain could be due to pressure by the tumors or cyst - this can indicate that they are enlarging.

Please consult another obgyn - sooner rather than later,.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I gave you an excellent review.

Lisa,

Thank you for the review. I do hope you get an accurate diagnosis soon.

.