Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I was diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension in

I was diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension in the ER last week. The doctor gave me Diamox, 250mg. He said to take 2 a day for three days, and then increase the dosage to 4 a day.

When I up the dosage from 2 a day to 4 a day, do I spread the 4 out over the take (every six hours) or do I take 2 of them every 12 hours (my originally schedule when I only took two per day?)

You should take two of them every 12 hours.

You also need to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist in the very near future as IIH can lead to serious vision issues.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS