Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have just found out that I have nodules on my kidneys..liver..adrenal

I have just found out that I have nodules on my kidneys..liver..adrenal glands and breasts..part of my rt lung is deflated...what am i in for....pls give it to me straight

Welcome and thank you for your question. Can I have more details please?

- What symptoms do you have and since when?

- How were the nodules diagnosed - by CT scan? Did you get a whole body scan?

- What other tests did you have - blood tests?

- What medicines, if any, are you on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

by cat scan ...mamogram and mri...I have copd on flovent..albuterol..fluticasone nasal spray....ibupropphen..alprazolam..gabapentin...omneprazole..citalophram..just did two regimens of antibiotics and two regimens of pregnisone...also have 15 week old fx of rt arm with torn ligament,,with no treatment

Janet,

Thank you for the additional information.

A condition which causes nodules to form in multiple organs of the body, especially the kidneys, liver and lung is Sarcoidosis.

Sarcoidosis is a condition in which the cells of different organs undergo chronic inflammation to form nodules. The cause of sarcoidosis is not known.

Symptoms depend on which organ is involved. In the lungs, it may cause dry cough and shortness of breath. When in the liver, there may be lack of appetite and indigestion.

Overall there may be tiredness, weight loss, aches and pains, arthritis, dry eyes, lumps under the skin etc.

The symptoms and reports of sarcoidosis may be similar to cancer but this is not cancer.

Mild cases do not need treatment. Severe cases may need to be prescribed steroids or immunosuppressants.

Mild sarcoidosis may clear up spontaneously but severe ones can become chronic or relapse from time to time.

Your reports , unfortunately, indicate a severe case and it is likely that you will need long term treatment.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

could it also mean my body is filled with cancer

It could but cancer generally spreads in a specific path. The malignant cells spreads through mainly the lymphatic system so that cancerous nodules occur first in the lymph nodules near the affected organ. for example, cancer of the lungs will spread first to the lymph nodes in the middle of the chest. The nodes of the neck and the armpits are next affected. You would notice definite swelling in these regions before the cancerous cells spread to the adrenal glands and kidneys.

In your case, the nodes are present mainly in the organs rather than the lymph nodes. This is typical of sarcoidosis.

So chances of you having sarcoidosis is more than having cancer.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

a little more history ..i have a sister whom at 2yrs old was dx with leukemia..and my father at 85 died of leukemia...for the past 3 yrs my wbc has always been a small amt over normal...always... my dr wanted to wait a year of these results bfore sending me to an hematologist

Leukemia can cause tumors to form on many organs but it primarily affects the liver and the spleen. These may cause bloating and/or swelling in the abdomen. It is very uncommon to find leukemic tumors in the adrenals or kidneys although they can occur in some cases.

Your family history though is very suggestive of Acute Leukemic Leukemia (ALL) - this condition can cause multiple organs to have nodules. But this is an acute condition. It is unlikely to linger for 3 years - your WBC count would have decreases sharply in 3 years..

So, while cancer cannot be ruled out, Sarcoidosis is also a definite differential diagnosis.

You will need bone marrow tests and a PET scan for a diagnosis.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou....just for not coating everything it could be....sorry but i don t tip dr s my dr s and i were so close we just always played tricks on each otherr and i taught them how to get around gov t regulations...thanku again..u hve given me more info to gain more knowledge...but i am still worried....my son in law just got back fm afghanistan ..my dghtr and two grandsons r in oklahoma...her and i r best friends..nevr nevr want to upset her...on top of all this my husband died feb 13...then she had a dream that i died...and now all this...willl keep u in my prayers....janet

You are welcome, Janet.

I hope you get an accurate diagnosis very soon.