Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

WHEN I LIE DOWN TO SLEEP I GET NOISES IN MY LUNG, IF I BREATHE

WHEN I LIE DOWN TO SLEEP I GET NOISES IN MY LUNG, IF I BREATHE OUT HARD IT STOP FORE A WHILE .
NO PROBLEM WHEN IN UPRIGHT POSITION

Welcome and thank you for your question.

What type of noises do you get? crackling noises?

Do you also get difficulty in breathing?

Do you have high blood pressure, any heart problem or any other medical conditions?

What medicines, if any, are you on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NOISES AS IF THERE IS MUCUS ON LUNG, WHEN I BREATHE OUT HEARD IT GOES AWAY. ONLY HAPPENS @ NIGHT WHEN SLEEPING.

I HAVE HAD HIGH BLOOD PRESSER MOST OF MY LIFE , NOW TAKE PILL EVERY 6 HOURS & UNDER CONTROL.

Normal,

Lung noises which occur when you lie down is usually due to collection of fluid in the lung. This fluid is also present during the day but during the day, when you are upright, it remains at the bottom of the lungs and the noises are not very obvious. At night, when you lie down, the fluid spreads through the lungs making the noises more easily heard.

Fluid in the lung can be due to two causes - infection or CCF ( Congestive cardiac Failure). CCF occurs when the heart fails to pump the blood adequately.

Since you have a high blood pressure (although under control), a CCF is likely in your case.

Please consult your doctor as early as possible for a checkup.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.