Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

TBI longterm

I had TBI at the age of two; went through a brain surgery. I've been told that the doctor had told my parents that "May not live long."

I recall myself forced to solve puzzles. I'm getting frustrated when expressing myself. I have an occured mild prognathism.

After all these, I really think I somehow different from my friends who have no problem reflecting this to me. I seriously am damaged and ironically highly intelligent, got an IQ score of 138 in a clinic.

After my epic drama, let me ask the ultimate question..

Is there any increased chance of an incident may cause further damage afterall, such as delayed secondary aneurism or rupture or anything? And what should I know, do, aware, anything comes in mind...

Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm okay waiting for a few days.

Actually, that's not really a question specific enough to make an neurologist to stuck indecisively so I am optimistic someone will take a look in a time.

Thank you….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you!Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and available to assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Since your issue at age two have you consulted with any doctors about your condition? If so, what did they have to say.

Have you had any problems related to your childhood problems recently?

Do you currently have any medical problems or take any medication?

How did you do in school?

Are you currently working? What is your job?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to be unable to fulfill the probable requirements for a certain conclusion to be made;

I haven't consulted any doctors about directly this issue.

I have my regular checks with family practitioner, all fine.

Went to a cardiologist after having something like a panic attack, he didn't recommended anything to do, neither a prescription so not any problem or concerns about anything observed, including he knows about my health history.

Recently, no. Not anything new.

I'm not on any medication.

I was the top of school at primary. Junior high was a mess, I couldn't even answered one math related question in the high school entrance exam and ended up in a vocational high school in which I lost a year; from there I started to one of the best colleges' philology department as I did pretty well on the entrance exam of my country.

I'm in the second year of my license program in humanities and not working. I'm bilingual with 5 langs.

The problem is that my family doesn't say this issue openly as they are somehow ashamed or told by a professional to not to inform me. I know it is kind of a ironic to ask here in lieu of getting an MRI. I also made some neurological questionnaire with PEBL test battery in which I did normal.

Thank you for your attention.

Congratulations on doing so well in College. Heck, I can barely speak English :-)

From what you have posted I do not believe you have anything to fear concerning a secondary aneurysm, a rupture or anything else.

As you so astutely pointed out, an MRI would tell you a lot about what is going on in your head and would alleviate many of your fears. In the USA, an MRI is easy to get...not sure about what you would have to do in Turkey go obtain one....

What is the take home message? From what you have posted, I do not believe you have anything to fear.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Once again, Please accept my apologies for how long it took to get you an answer. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC