Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Stiffness in legs when standing after sitting for sometime,

Stiffness in legs when standing after sitting for sometime, also stiffness when walking

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I'll wait

Thank you….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you!Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

Thank you for your question:

How long have you had this problem?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Did you discuss this problem with your doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Three years. Epilepsy and obesity. Yes, he prescribed " Lamotrigine 200ml" for the disease.

Did this medication help?

How long have you been on this medicine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Six years

OK... Thanks

At this point, there are several things that come to mind. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or polymyalgia rheumatica.

Unfortunately, without a physical examination and testing, there is no way to know which of these (or some other condition) may be causing this.

I would suggest discussing this ongoing problem with your physician. If your primary care physician is unable to find a cause or appropriate treatment, you may need to see a rheumatologist (arthritis specialist).
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years