Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience

I am a 30 year old female. During the week I had a severe pain

I am a 30 year old female. During the week I had a severe pain from my navel going down. When I went to the toilet, whether to pass stool or urinate, the pain was very severe. I have never experience this my whole life, this was the first. What is this?
The causes of such pain will include bladder inflammation or cystitis/bladder spasms,stones in the bladder or ureters,Pelvic Inflammatory Disease(PID) or diseases involving the pelvic floor muscles and lastly Endometriosis or diseases involving the uterus/ovaries. You need to be examined by your Doctor /Gynaecologist who may do a Pelvic examination as well as investigate any problems found during the examination.You may need lab tests including urine investigations,ultrasound scans and other modalities as required.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this pain that I experienced life threatening ?
The pain would not be life threatening but can be quite painful and uncomfortable.It would be prudent to see your Doctor or PCP/visit the ER to be examined and get analgesics or antispasmodic drugs to deal with the pain.The medication will depend on the disease found during examination or investigation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you doctor, now ever since the day of the pain, I feel bloated very time I finish eating. It is worse if I drink any liquids. Is the a connection between the two
You may be having some gastritis or gastric irritation following any oral intake.This may also merit investigation.