Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

I am a 49 year old women and I have lumps on my right side

I am a 49 year old women and I have lumps on my right side of my rib the lumps are from the front to the back..when you feel it, it hurts..hope you can tell me what's the problem.

Dr. Sohaib :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question. I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

The common causes of painful lumps on the ribs would include CostoChondritis,inflammation of the joint between the rib and the sternum,Bruised ribs or haematoma due to injury,Lipomas or collection of fat cells making a lump,rarely malignant lumps like osteosarcoma. It would be prudent to get it examined by your PCP/Doctor as it may require further investigations by a CT Scan,you may need to get it excised and get a biopsy done to find out the exact cause.
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience