Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Allergy test results

I'm looking for an allergist or ENT that does allergies also to help me interpret my results for the allergy skin test i just had. I want to know what all the numbers mean and what course of actions I could take with my results.

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
I have just been alerted to your question.
Look at the wheal size.
Typically
5 to 10 is mildly sensitive
10 to 15 in moderately sensitive
Greater than 15 is very sensitive.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert. Other wise please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept], But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. What are the differences between the columns of numbers? Also, is it possible to be allergic to so many things? What do the control numbers mean? What are my options for treatment?
I don't see any severe allergies

What did your doctor recommend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He recommended immunotherapy, but I do not understand what the differences between the columns are and if drops would be effective. What is the meaning of the different columns including the control column?
sorry I can not tell from your sheets
At the end of the report, is there a summary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really, what I covered was my personal information, and those were the only two sheets that had test results on them.
OK
I can not tell you more detail without a lab reference
I will opt out so another expert can help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
aok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today. I noticed that you have relisted your question and that your expert has opted out and is no longer available to assist you.

What can I do for you today that your previous expert has not already addressed?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rick,
Thank you for taking my question. I would like to understand my test results what all the numbers mean. Also I'm considering immunotherapy usin the drops and want to know if they would be a good option based on my test results.

Thank you

Ronny
Hi Ronny,

The results you have posted, while they seem to be very detailed at first glance, do not give enough data to allow me to consul you concerning the option of immunotherapy. The lab reference and summery data are missing from the data you have provided.

At this point I believe your best course of action would be to consult with a second allergist, give her copies of your complete medical records, lab results, see if she recommends any further testing and then decide what the best course of action would be.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well thank you for your honesty. In general do allergy drops work on patients that have multiple allergies or are shots the only option for someone with multiple allergies?

My pleasure.

Both options work well, even with patients like you who may be suffering from multiple allergies. In general, however, the shots seem to work better.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

I wish you the very best.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC