Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have a sore in the bulb of my right nostril that closes and

I have a sore in the bulb of my right nostril that closes and opens. I suspect it's some type of wart since it has been there so long. The problem is especially during winter it opens and becomes quite painful. What can I do to heal this sore once and for all?

Welcome and than you for your question.

Since when have you had this sore?

Can you feel the sore p how large is it?

When it opens, is there any discharge, or blood?

What medicines, if any, are you on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had this small area in my nose for years!

About the size of a grain or so of rice.

There is a clear discharge when it is open

No medicine Just OTC stuff

Onita,

The main cause of a sore inside a nostril is chronic folliculitis - infection of a hair follicle. Since he nasal hairs trap a lot of dust and pathogens, the chances of a recurring chronic sore is quite high.

the best treatment is to syringe the nose very often with saline water and a bulb syringe. keeping the nasal passages moist will help the hair follicle to open up and clear the infection. You can also take ibuprofen 200mg thrice a day for 5 days - available without a prescription.

But repeated infection which does not heal for years needs to be assessed. Sometimes, it may become cancerous. Please consult an ENT specialist for a examination.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.