Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

family history of gallbladder problems. brother had ultra sound

family history of gallbladder problems. brother had ultra sound and c cat done, showing nothing. symptons of gallblader issues, what other tests for gallstone or gall bladder to be done

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your brother needs a test for the gallbladder function known as the HIDA scan (Hepatobiliary Iminodiacetic Acid scan).It is a nuclear medicine scan which tracks the production and flow of bile from the liver to the small intestine, including the gallbladder.

It will tell you the degree of function of the gallbladder in % - for example - 80% functionality, 50% functionality etc.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX other 2 tests showed nothing his doctor did not ask for the test you mention, just told my brother if still hurtring to go to emergency room . what would that helpl

Kathy,

It would be better for your brother to consult an internal medicine specialist or better still, a gastroenterologist for a complete assessment. He needs not just his gallbladder but also his liver to be assessed.

I hope this helps.