Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

about a week and a half ago i injected approx. 80ccs of spic

Customer Question

about a week and a half ago i injected approx. 80cc's of spic and span household cleaner into my arm in are where they take blood work from it was just under skin if i hit a vein would i have a reaction by now or even if i didnt hit a vein what could happen the areas where i injected are still tender and muschle ache in upper arm after this long of time is it out of my system
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today. Thank you for your patience.

Injection such a large amount of spic and span into your arm requires immediate medical care, even if you did it 10 days ago.

Also, in my opinion, you should see a psychiatrist so as to better understand why you would do such a thing.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do see a pychiatrist i am just wondering if there could be any residuals left in body and approx. how long would it take for anything bad to happen or what could happen

I am surprised that is didn't cause significant tissue damage already. I am sure that some of the ingredients will not be absorbed or neutralized by your body and may stay in your tissues forever if not removed/treated.

As to what could happen, the chemicals can kill the tissue in your arm and, possibly, cause lass of the limb.

I would have your arm examined, today if possible.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how long would it take before i would get loss of limb what should i be looking for the area is sore and the muscle in my biscep is sore but there is not redness or bruising so what do i look for

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so what do i look for in possibility of loss of limb the area of injections and just above are sore but thre is no redness, bruising or swelling I have an appt. with my gp on Feb 26th i'll ask him but in meantime what do i look for and is the mild pain the tissue damage and i am already at risk of loosing arm or is there any other possible damage that can happen ie heart attack stroke death. what are the chances that i could loose the limb i didnt think it was that much i injected. i still have full mobility of arm just sore to flex and touch the areas of injection and just above it

I think the only thing you need to do is go see a doctor and have her examine your arm. Do not sit around your house and try to monitor or manage this yourself.

So. What is the take home message? Get to a doctor now. No matter what.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am going to hospital just want to know what i may be looking at i.e blood transfusion or is the cleaner localized in the just area and not moveable and they just have to drain the cleaner and/or give me antibiotics what are the possiblilities thanks

That cleaner is poison....antibiotics will not help with it unless you have a secondary infection.

At the hospital they will just have to deal with the tissue damage at this point.

I wish you the very best.