Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Im pre-diabetic, with asthma. Started Advair at beginning of month. Last week have

I'm pre-diabetic, with asthma. Started Advair at beginning of month. Last week have noticed my temp fluctuates between 95.2 and 96.6. Blood sugars slightly elevated. Feel cold. Doc says not to worry. At what temp should I worry? Actually this is stressing me out now.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Body temperature can vary throughout the day. Also, rectal temperature is more accurate than oral temps.

RickMD :

I would suggest taking rectal temperatures at various time during the day and then recording them. In addition, I would make some notes as to how you are feeling at that time in general. Next time you see your doctor, show her these data.

RickMD :

One thing your doctor may want to test is the status of your thyroid as this can case changes in body temperature.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : Body temperature can vary throughout the day. Also, rectal temperature is more accurate than oral temps.
RickMD : I would suggest taking rectal temperatures at various time during the day and then recording them. In addition, I would make some notes as to how you are feeling at that time in general. Next time you see your doctor, show her these data.
RickMD : One thing your doctor may want to test is the status of your thyroid as this can case changes in body temperature.
RickMD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
RickMD : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.