Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

My son received bruises on his forearm in basketball within

My son received bruises on his forearm in basketball within a few days of each other. He is 18. The bruises are gone as of about a week ago, but he has an area of swelling there. It feels "spongy" and filled with fluid. He says it itches. It is not red, he has no fever or other symptoms of an infection. Should we see a doctor about any concerns?
Welcome and thank you for your question.
A bruise which begins to feel spongy and fluid filled could indicate either an infection or collection of serous fluid inside. Serous fluid is fluid which can collect after blood has clotted and become denatured. Infection can occur readily in serous fluid.
Please get your son examined by a doctor.
I hope this helps.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.