Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I take verapamil blood pressure medicines, Ive been gone from

I take verapamil blood pressure medicines, I've been gone from home and forgot my medicine and haven't taken for three days, headed home tomorrow, will this be ok? Should I take it at night or in the morning? Blood pressure has been running ok.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

At this point, since you will be able to get your medicine tomorrow, you should be fine.

RickMD :

What time of day do you normally take your verapamil?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : At this point, since you will be able to get your medicine tomorrow, you should be fine.
RickMD : What time of day do you normally take your verapamil?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
I guess you are offline. I would just take the medication when you get home or, if it is close to the usual time you take it, just take it then.

You should be fine.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take it in the morning!

Taking it in the morning will be fine. If you don't get home until later in the day, just take it when you can. Then go back to your normal schedule of taking your medication as usual.

Just as an aside, many pharmacies will give you a few day supply when you are in a strange town and have left your medication at home. This is especially easy to do if you get your Rx at Walmart or Walgreen's and there is a store in the town you are visiting. Just a thought. :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Have a safe trip home.