Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

hi.... i thought i had tonsilitis 2 weekends ago. i had a really

Customer Question

hi.... i thought i had tonsilitis 2 weekends ago. i had a really nasty fever, hot and cold sweats, sore tonsils and numbness especially in the legs or arms. i also had a strange throbbing sensation accompanied by a sharp pain in my right foot. this morning i have woken up and again my body feels a bit numb, especially in the legs... and the sharp pain in my foot is back. i also have a very sore neck, although it is specific to my left side and quite far down just above the shoulder. i dont know what is wrong with me...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Do you have any tenderness in your calf, between the muscles?

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : Do you have any tenderness in your calf, between the muscles?
RickMD : Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Wow! A bad rating, when all I have done is attempt to get more information from you so that I can better help you with your problem.

That is not very nice.

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I apologise for giving you a bad rating. I did not mean to. I thought I was giving the service a bad rating as it was not what I had hoped for. I thought I was going to get an online chat with a doctor and instead I got delayed messages. By that stage I had been to see a GP. How do I amend my rating for you as an expert so that it doesn't damage your reputation?

I'm sorry about the problems you experienced with the system but I'm glad you have gotten the care you need.

you can just push one of the positive ratings and it will erase the poor rating you gave me. Thank you for asking :-)

Have a good day and let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
thanks :)