Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Dear sir my dad is not able move his left part of the body,the

Dear sir my dad is not able move his left part of the body,the ct scan report says,
Intraparenchymal hemorrhage measuring around 2.2 x 2.1 cm in size seen in right thalamus extending to centrum semi ovale level with intraventricular seepage of blood in right lateral ventricle. Mass effect seen in form of compression over adjacent right lateral ventricle and 3rd ventricle with mild midline shift (5mm) to left side.
Ill defined confluent hypodensities seen in bilateral fronto-parietal region and bilateral lateral basel ganglia appear old oschemin changes. Prominent ventricles and cortical sulci
Rest of the cerebral parenchyma appears normal. Cerebellum and brainstem appear normal. Noevidence of ant extra axial hemorrhage is seen. Bony skull vault appears normal.

Unfortunately, the CT scan of your dad's brain is showing a type of stroke -- where bleeding has occurred in the brain.

While the bleed itself is relatively small, it is in a location of the brain that can be responsible for movement and sensation. It is seen within the right thalamus, which means it can affect the opposite side of the body, in this case the left side of the body.

The rest of the report says that the bleed within the brain is putting some pressure on the adjacent structures of the brain, which is expected after a bleed. There is no other bleeds, and the brain shows some evidence of small "mini" strokes in the past.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

Today we have seen a little bit movement in left leg and hand.

My dad can feel the leg and hand but not able to move properly and he has some trouble in speaking also.

Average Blood pressure is around 158/85

My question is how long it will take for recovery and what treatment is required.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
want some more information regarding treatment
Good Morning. I am online and available to assist you today. I noticed that your have relisted your question.

The information that the other expert has given you is correct.

I am glad that your father is already able to move his left side a little bit. This is a good sign.

As to how long recovery will take this, as you might expect, is almost impossible to say with any amount of certainty. In the very least it will take months of hard work and continued medical management along with physical therapy. He might even have to spend time in a rehab hospital or nursing home while he recovers. Of course, should he have another stroke, things would take much longer.

At this point treatment will include managing his high blood pressure and any other medical problems, watching for complications from his stroke such as increased swelling of the brain and doing everything possible to allow his body to heal and recover.

Of course, your fathers doctors, who know him and his medical condition the best, XXXXX XXXXX the best source for information concerning necessary treatment and estimates on how long recovery might take.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC