Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

My bowels doesnt empty completely. I keep wiping and wiping

My bowels doesn't empty completely. I keep wiping and wiping and it keeps coming out. Also, today i thought I passed gas but what happend I messed in my pants. i thought i would go to a colon dr. but i wanted an idea of what's going on until my appt. i just turned 50. Thank you for your help . Paula
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

How long have you had these symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 6 months but recently it's about every time I have a bowel movement.

And have you ever had an accident similar to today's in the past?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes about 3 times, especially when the bowel is loose,

Okay, thank you for that information. Also, is this condition worsened by consuming certain foods or by different physical activities?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't noticed with certain foods. The other day, I had a bowel movement and then got on the elliptical and I had an accident. I haven't seen any blood. When I'm constipated it's like it stuck but I don't feel like i have to go any more.

How often do you experience constipation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

maybe once every month or so. Sometimes I know why I'm constipated because of the wrong foods and not drinking enough water.

Have you had a colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not yet. I received a dr's name about a week ago. I just want to get an idea of what could be happening? It's getting very embarrassing.

I understand completely, and want you to know what you are going through is actually very common, so please do not feel embarassed or ashamed...

What you have described seems to be irritable bowel syndrome, which is a common disorder that impacts your large intestine (colon). It is important to see your doctor though to confirm this...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. i'm making the call tomorrow.

I wish you the best of luck
Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit-Thank you so much!