Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hi i spoke to someone on here a couple of weeks ago and the

Hi i spoke to someone on here a couple of weeks ago and the answer was ok but i wasn't completely happy, i have been getting acne on my face for just over a year now with it getting slightly worse as times gone on and i've developed what seems to be a small light yellowish/greenish area on the one side of my face witch came about 4 months ago and now i've got another area on the other side of my face witch is the same in colour but bigger and i noticed that roughly 7 weeks ago so i just dont know whats going on, i've looked up stuff on google for possibilities and all that comes up is yeast infection etc but i definitley dont feel it is that, to me it really looks like that it's the blood under the skin like it's just come to the surface more, after i cleanse my face with water it becomes even more greenish, i sent the expert pictures and asked is their anything that can treat this like lasers or something but he didn't really say much about treatment he just said I wonder if its actually leaked blood from a pimple you might have squeezed? Is that likely and i said ye i've picked pimples in them areas and it definitly looks like that and he said it will resolve with in 2-3 months, but it's been their longer than that already and i dont think thats going to happen so i just would like to no is their any treatment at all like lasers be effective for this as it's really getting me down.
Thanks

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Good Morning. I am online and available to assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Have you consulted with a doctor in person for these facial lesions?

Is there any pain?

Do you have these lesions anywhere else on your body?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hia sorry for the late reply i didn't see your message, no i haven't got any medical problems, i had one seizure when i was 12 years old so i've been taking an anticonvulsant called lamatrigine for the last 10 years witch i could of come off years ago but i've just decided to stay on it, also i take a couple of anti-depressents called citalipram and mirtarzipine witch i've been taking for three years, and no theirs no pain and the dicolouation is just on my face, i've been getting acne for about a year but it's just got worse as times gone on and i have had a habbit of occasionaly picking at my spots, it doesn't look like a bruise it just looks like the blood has come to the surface more, a dermatologist i spoke to on here said it could be leaked blood from where i've picked at pimples and i personaly think thats what might of happened aswel, I went to see my GP three weeks ago and said about the blood thing and he noticed what i was on about but didn't really say much about it he just prescribed me some antibiotics for my acne but it's really starting to get me now.

Thanks

Thanks for that extra information.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering with this issue for so long and, even with the treatment your GP has given you, the issue has become worse.

At this point, I think you have a couple of options that will help you to get to the bottom of this problem. One would be to consult, once again, with a local dermatologist and the other would be to break out the "Big Guns" and gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr.Rick i dont live in america i live in england, i dont think this is anything serious it's just come on because of my acne and where i've picked my spots, can you tell me if lasers can actually get rid of blood beneath the surface of the skin or are they only effective on actual veins?

Thanks.

I didn't realize you were on the other side of the Atlantic...sorry about that. But, there are many excellent teaching hospitals throughout Europe that could help you.

Concerning the use of lasers, if there are blood vessels beneath the skin certain lasers can get rid of them. They would also work on some types of pigmented lesions.

If it is free blood under the skin, as in a bruise, lasers really don't work for that.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ye no what you mean, thanks for the infomation, if i showed you some pictures would you be happy to take a look so you know a bit more what i'm on about?

I will be happy to look at the pictures, but from what you have posted it is very unlikely that I will be able to come up with any meaningful new information...but I'm happy to give it a go :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks i'm just downloading some to a photo site and i'll send you the link

ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's not a bruise it just looks like blood has come to the surface, the dermatologist i spoke to on here said it could be leaked blood from where i've picked a pimple, the first two pictures and the 5th picture are of the one side of my face witch is the worst side but the 5th picture i edited a bit to show you what is going on beneath the skin, the other pictures are of the other side of my face, The photos are not brilliant but hope you can make out something from them, i took other ones before and they were a little better but i took them on my sisters phone but she's not at my house at the moment, http://s13 55.beta.photobucket.com/user/dan12319/media/2013-01-14_055910_1293859027260_zps2c2aa3b0.jpg.html?sort=6&o=1#/user/dan12319/media/b532c754-366d-452c-8515-8fdfd1680691_zpse4038313.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0&_suid=136020299847207154925676239923

Thanks.

I reviewed the pictures and I do not think that lasers will help with those lesions or the changes beneath the skin.

I have to fall back on my original recommendation: Consult with a dermatologist or a University Dermatology department.

I,truly, believe that they can help to clear this up for you. One other thing....try not to pick at them as this can leave life-long scars on your face :(

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

If you have a chance, drop me a note and let me know what the doctors say. Have a good week.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr.Rick thanks for taking a look at the pictures, theirs a small cosmetic clinic near me and it's ran by a general doctor so do you reckon i should just give that a go first? If i have no luck their then i'll ask my GP for a referal and if still no luck do you think i should just keep trying to find cosmetic dermatology clinics? And ye I haven't picked my pimples for ages now i think i've learnt my lesson lol, i watched an american show yesterday online i dont no weather your familiar with it or not it's called " the drs" and it mentioned about a laser that treats bruises so even though my discolouation doesn't look like a bruise it does look like it's just blood beneath the skin so if theirs a laser that helps with bruising do you think this laser would help me?
And ye i'll give you a rating now :)

I would not go to a cosmetic clinic at all. You should not spend time running to your GP or a local cosmetic shop....get in to see a regular dermatologist.

Also, no matter what you have seen on TV, laser treatment is not what you need.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Let me know how things turn out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh right ok i wont do that then, i dont know how to get an appointment with a dermatologist and it might takes ages so i was just going to ask my GP for a referal so do you reckon that will be ok? One last thing, i know this may sound like a stupid question but do dermatologists like getting to the cause of whats happened to ones skin and treating it or do some just thob you off?

Yes. That will work.

Dermatologists love skin and everything about it. The will enjoy solving your problem and will not blow you off. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thats nice to know :) cheers for all the infomation and i'll get back to you on how i got on!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a good evening.