Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

What does Dr. Levine use when sclerosing? My research shows

Do you know what Dr. Levine uses when sclerosing? My research shows that Polidocanol may have the least occurence of pain and most likelihood of success on the first attempt where doxycillin and alcohol appear more likely to cause pain and may take numerous procedures. Excuse the spelling and grammar. How is he able to get Polidocanol? They use it in vein clinics but it hasn't been approved for other uses according to my research. I can't tell what the best amt is to inject, it appears that 2-4 ML may be appropriate but I am not sure that there is enough research. Do they add a numbing agent to the mixture when injecting? 

Thanks 

Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. It looks like your question was meant for a different company. We match people with questions to Professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more. While you may have intended this for nother company, oftentimes, the Professionals can help with a question like yours. Please let me know if you want to continue, or if you would prefer that I cancel your question.

Camille

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if you have any answers from a certified urologist then answer, if not then cancell thanks

Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please respond to this message to let me know if you would like for me to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like for me to close your question. Thank you for your understanding.

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
hello from JA
Dr. Levine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What info do you need?

We would not know who doctor levine is

What procedure exactly are you going to have done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sclerotherapy for a hydrocele using Doxyciillin (sp)

I do not want to have surgery as Aspiration with Sclerosing agent is very effective. Where can I get the procedure done in US or otherwise using Polidocnol (Asclera)

Any urologist would have a choice of agents
Where are you exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chicago, IL I am told that Polidocanol isn't approved for treatments other than vericose veins but doctors prescribe medications for symptoms off label often. Are you aware of the effectiveness or lack thereof for sclerotherapy in hydroceles? Doxycillin and Alcohol seem to cause pain in research studies I have seen , whereas Polidocanol seems more effective with less incidence of pain.

Do you know anywhere in the worlld I can get the procedure done with Polidocanol other than Egypt, Morocco or Japan?

I can't get a dr. on the phone in Canada or Mexico

Sorry I am going to opt out so other experts can help you
So hold on, don't post
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I noticed that your expert has opted out and is no longer available to assist you.

I have researched your issue and found that the Urology Department at The Mayo Clinic offers a broad choice of sclerotherapy agents for the treatment of hydrocele, including polidocanol. The doctors at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota have also been actively involved in research using polidocanol in this fashion. I am sure they can assist you. Here is their contact information:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/urology/

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC