Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

. DR.RICK ONLY-:The right side of the right leg which has

. DR. RICK ONLY-: The right side of the right leg which has the hip replacement PAINS.Any idea what it id from?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the Moderator for this topic. I am sorry but Dr Abby has not be online in quite some time. Would you like for me to open your question to other Professionals?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How about asking Dr. Rick?

Sure! I will send him a notification that youare waiting for him. Thank you for your continued patience:-)
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today. Sorry for the delay. Your question was posted to a section that I do not work in...

How long has the pain been going on?

What makes it better?

Can you recall straining/hurting the joint recently or before the pain started?

Remind me once again...how long ago was the surgery?

Do you have any abnormal feelings or sounds in the area when you have the pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dr. Rick-:

Trying to get to you before the Superbowl, even tho' YOUR Team ain't in it....what guy ISN'T watching tonight???!?

The pain has gotten somewhat more constant over the last week or so....Heat helps(it eases it, and ice deadens it-but both are temporary.I have been on Voltaren for mebbe 2 weeks now-do not recall any precipitating events prior to this-Surgery was Oct. 24th--is it too early to stat complaining, or is this part of my recovery?

Thanx so very much--SO glad you answered!

~Madeleine~

I gotta watch that fricking rabbit of a quaterback that the 49ers used to beat us.

The pizza is in the overn and munchies are out for the dogs to drool over.

I think that it is still too early go start complaining. Keep up with ice/heat and voltaren.

Also, keep up with your PT schedule. Exercise as directed is the fastest way to heal.

I've rooting against the 49ers, just because they so soundly be us :(

Enjoy the game.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As you recall, the Orthopedist said just to walk, not to do PT--so i walk as much as i can.

Is it OK to do so even if it hurts?

Yes. Walk, even though it hurts.....but don't walk TOO much.

It should hurt less and less as time goes on.

I was just leaving my computer for pizza and munchies by the fireplace...

Let me know what else I can do to help. I hope you and your husband enjoy the game.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the advice....i really like "having you in my corner..."

Are you dancin' in the aisles as a result of The game?? Wish i could be dancin'....but i s'poze that will come in time as well...

I'll Keep On Truckin'....

It was a very good game :)

That sounds like an excellent plan. Let me know what I can do for you in the future.

Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick-:

I have a "medical"-type question:

How will i know "when" i am OK? I am on this Voltaren, so i assume this masks or gets rid of any inflammation....yet, i worry that when i go OFF of it, "all" will return....do i have to go off of it to find out? Since my Surgery was "only" on Oct. 24th, is it prudent to remain on it(my doc says it is OK--i guess "til [my]stomach blows up!!")--for how long--the important words being " "How will i know if i am healing on my own if i am on the Voltaren?"

Sorry to be such a pain....but you seem to be a patient kinda guy, and i need that at present....

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH,

~M~

You are healing every day....a little bit at a time. The voltaren is not slowing down this process and, when you stop the voltaren, "all" will not return since you are healing every day....make sense?

Of course, if your stomach blows up, this will mask the pain of your hip lol!!

But all kidding aside, do not worry about taking the voltaren. You can take it for as long as needed without any real adverse affect.

I'm glad I can be of assistance. Have a good day.

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Rick-:

Thank you for that--you HAVE put my mind at ease--AND i loved the joke!!!! Cool!!!!

Actually, i AM feeling better("leg"-wise--)--'hope this does not jinx anything!!

I appreciate your words--they mean a lot to me.

Sincerely,

~M~

My pleasure. Have a good week.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The leg pain kinda came back w/a vengence....Advil helps, Tylenol helps--but it depresses me that now that i am off the Voltaren, i never know my limits-AND-when i wake up 1st thing in the morning, that leg REALLY pains!

'Will be seeing the Surgeon next week--where should i START w/my questions?

And what is your best advice for NOW?

I could use some encouragement!

Thanx.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Problem has become my Left shoulder now--the Advil seems to have quietd down the thigh/leg discomfort (for NOW, at least).

I was diagnosed w/arthritis in the shoulder and a small bone spur--what do you know about that kind of thing?

Your fan,
Madeleine

Madeleine,

I am sorry to hear that the pain is back already...but I am glad to hear that you will be seeing your surgeon soon.

At this point the best advice I can give is to start keeping a journal of your pain/findings and things you have done to make things better.

This data will help your doctor to better understand how and when your pain is worse and better...and, hopefully come up with a change in your treatment plan that will help.

Let me know how things turn out.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD