Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

my throat just seemed to close after eating some saula felt

my throat just seemed to close after eating some saula felt like i was chocking. I could breath through my noise. Relaxed breathed through my noise and it went away.

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

RickMD :

Has this ever happened before?

RickMD :

Did you have any swelling around your mouth, nose or face?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
RickMD : Has this ever happened before?
RickMD : Did you have any swelling around your mouth, nose or face?
RickMD :

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no medical problems except for sleep Apia (spelling? This has never happened before. No swelling.

I think you are going to be OK.

From what you have posted it sounds like a small piece of very spicy material in the sausa started to go down the wrong pipe. This is actually a lot more common then you think it would be.

The good news? This is not a sign of any serious underlying pathology and you should be just fine.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.