Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

GRANOCYTE 13 million IU/mL, powder and solvent for solution

GRANOCYTE 13 million IU/mL, powder and solvent for solution for injection/
Good day
I need assistance with the dosage of the above. My mother must get it and my brother neglected to tell me how much for day 3 and 4.
Your help will greatly be appreciated

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

The only safe way to know the correct dosage and use of this medication would be for you to contact the prescribing doctor.

RickMD :

I'm sure that you can understand the risks involved at anyone else trying to guess at what your mother's doctor intentions are.

Customer:

Hi

RickMD :

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Customer:

If that was an option I would have and the damn label on the box "as prescribed"

RickMD :

Sorry to upset you. But from where I sit, that (and maybe contacting the pharmacy) are your only safe options.

RickMD :

There is no way to know the proper dosage from what data you have at hand.

Customer:

You are not upsetting me. I am upset about the situation.

RickMD :

I can understand your frustration...... I, too, have brothers.

Customer:

It is 8mp here and no one will help unless its a life threatening emergency

RickMD :

well, being 12 hours late on this medication probably doesn't fall into that category, but it is a major inconvenience

Customer:

Brother dearest just came out of the OR . had his muscles attaced (again). Body builders and their egos

RickMD :

I'd call your mom's MD in the morning. Things should work out ok.

RickMD :

perhaps if he keeps ripping his muscles off his bones he should find another hobby

RickMD :

It is 12:10pm here in the USA

RickMD :

Is there anything else I can do for you this afternoon?

Customer:

Anyway, thanks for the advise

RickMD :

Sorry I couldn't be of better service. Give my best to your mom and your recovering brother.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Hi Heidi,

I was just thinking about your mom's medication and your brothers torn muscles. I hope both of them are doing much better.

Take care and let me know if I can do anything else for you in the future.