Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

how do i keep working when I feel like crying

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

How long have you felt this way?

RickMD :

What type of work do you do?

RickMD :

Do you have any other symptoms, take any medication or have any other medical problems?

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Customer:

I don't take any prescriptions. I have always had ups and downs. Downs especially in winter. I feel like my behavior affects my job. I like working, but sometimes I can't handle stress of deadlines and I put off really had jobs because I don't know how to deal and ask the right questions. I do try, but can not feel better. I have been with this job for 5 years and my last job for 15, but feel like this bad behavior of getting in the way of preformance.

RickMD :

Have you discussed these issues with anyone at work who might be able to help you with the more difficult projects?

Customer:

Yes, and my comunication skills are always blamed

RickMD :

From what you have posted it seems that you may be suffering from a seasonal affective disorder. This can be treated, in many cases, by your family physician with medication.

RickMD :

Of course, the true experts in this area are psychiatrists, where a team approach is often used with excellent results.

RickMD :

There, really, is no need for you to continue to suffer.

RickMD :

I suggest you make an appointment with you doctor and discuss these issues with her in detai.

RickMD :

detail.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

I don't and won't take meds. I dont have a doctors and I was on this sight hoping to get help without drugs

RickMD :

I'm afraid that no amount of "online chat" is going to cure your problem. That being said, if you would just give a doctor a chance, I am sure your life can be made better.

RickMD :

You may not need drugs, but you do need face to face MD help.

Customer:

How do I find an MD that does not push drugs. I have tried that before and the little blue pills just don't work. I was hoping this website had more insite to how I can change my thinking to be more positive

RickMD :

Changing your thinking is just what you do need......a therapy called CBT is just what you are looking for. This is usually done by PhD level therapists and does not require that you be on medication to benefit from it.

RickMD :

If you just type in "CBT therapy in "your hometown name here" into google you will find practitioners who offer it in your town

Customer:

Where on this web page?

RickMD :

what city and state do you live in and I will get you a link.

Customer:

kenosha, wi

RickMD :

ok. be right back

RickMD :

Here is a list of practitioners who offer CBT in your area:

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, MD, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine, so I cover a lot of ground and will be happy to help you with your question. We can correspond back and forth as needed.

I will either give you an answer right away or have questions for you. Either way, use reply to expert until you are ready to rate the answer: Please note that answers for information and education only.

Please remember that we are only paid for positive ratings and bonuses and this helps us to help you. Please do not click a 1 or 2 [negative] rating as this only negatively rates the expert helping you.

Second opinion.
I believe I can address your specific concerns.
I see no evidence at all that you have seasonal affective disorder
This can depression, other mood disorder, hormonal problem, neurotrasmitter problem, and one can not at this point say that CBT is the solution without the correct physical assessment.
Yes there are doctors that do not push drugs, but who are MDs and who measure exactly what is wrong with you, and in most cases can treat the problem.

See this site
www.functionalmedicine.org
Go to the find a practitioner link and look for MDs and DOs.
This is an evidence based system of treatment, and they will also consider things such as CBT, but will look at specific and measurable imbalances, brain function, nutrient deficiencies, and what they do will be based on the best evidence to date, not guess work.

\

Let me know if you have further questions. If you have any concerns just use reply to expert until you are ready to rate a positive for your satisfaction..

Please click on one of the positive ratings [smiley faces]: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas