Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi, my name is Hayder. Three days ago my father his age is

Hi, my name is Hayder.
Three days ago my father his age is 54 did an MRI scans and the MRG Report was:
"MRI of the Brain: (1/28/2013)
-Bilateral, multiple, deep, located, paraventricular hyper signal intensity T2 and Flair. Suggested small vessel ischemia.
-Normal ventricular system.
- No midline shift."

Here is a link to see/view the scans (http://www.mediafire.com/?r92w0k3b9k3tj)

Please what does this means and how dangerous it is? where exactly it is on the brain?
and how could be treated or control it?

Please reply I am scared just tell me everything and how bad it is..

p.s. My father has a hypertension chronic condition.
and his :
-CBC/DIFF MO% 11.7%, sodium 146mmol/l, chloride 114.6mmol/l, total protein 62g/l, globulin 20g/l, aspartate aminotransferase (AST) 40.8 IU/L, osmolality 312mos/ml on 9/23/2010.
-S. Cholesterol 210 mg/dl and S.LDL 135 mg/dl, LA 39mm, I.V.Septum,Diast 18mm on 8/9/2011 (The conclusion of the doppler cartographic report was hypertensive heart disease with diastolic LV dysfunction.
-B.urea 45mg/dl, s.uric acid 4.2mg/dl, HB% 16.6g/dl, P.C.V. 50% on 11/20/2011.
-s.uric acid 443 umol/l, s.hdl 0.8mmol/l, s.triglycerides 2.3mmol/l, s.cholesterol 5.4mmol/l, blood sugar 5.2mmol/l, blood urea 7.0mmol/l, E.S.R. 3mm/hr at25c on 2/21/2012.
-Blood sugar 4.4 mmol/l and blood urea 5.4 mmol/l on 4/10/2012
-R.B. sugar 92 mg/dl, s.cholesterol 210 mg/dl, s.t. glyceride 140 mg/dl, s.hdl 32mg/dl, s.ldl 150mg/dl, s.vldl 28mg/dl, LA 44mm, I.V. septum in diast 13mm L.V.post wall in diast 12mm on 12/19/2012 (the conlusion of the report was Hypertensive heart disease with normal LV function.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

What was the indication for your father to have the MRI done?

RickMD :

Does he have any medical problems or take any medications?

RickMD :

What are his symptoms?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : What was the indication for your father to have the MRI done?
RickMD : Does he have any medical problems or take any medications?
RickMD : What are his symptoms?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

I see that you have reviewed my above questions but did not have a chance to reply. I will try to answer your question with the information you have provided.

The report is discussing changes seen on the MRI that are suggestive of decreased blood flow to particular areas of the brain. There is no evidence of a tumor, displacement of the brain tissue from its normal location or of any other damage. The fluid filled areas of the brain are normal.

The areas discussed are located deep in your fathers brain, near the natural fluid filled channels (ventricles). The MRI does not say how serious or not serious this may be....it only states the factual findings.

These findings are suggestive of changes consistent with small blood vessel disease.

From the MRI images you provided, as well as the report, no specific treatment is indicated. This is why I asked for more information on your fathers clinical condition.

Treatment will depend on your fathers complete clinical picture.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response and sorry I was out,

you mean there is nothing to worry about?

he is fine and he hasn't any symptoms except his eyes sometimes hurt him a little and become dry. He had a chronic condition of hypertension high blood pressure long time ago and he always take his medications as prescribed by his doctor.

That is correct. From what you have posted, there is nothing to worry about :-)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.