Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

colonzepam for 12 years for anxiety, panic

I have been taking colonzepam for 12 years for anxiety, panic attacks, and night terrors. My new doctor says I don't need it. I can't think straight, I get mad very fast, and i can't be in stores or anywhere there are a lot of people. I need to get back to my dosage of 3 mg on, because I feel like I'm going crazy. Can you help prescribe it for me? I am having periods of beeing very happy to ppure anger, yelling at anybody, including strangers. I have lost over 30 lbs in the last month after gaining 25 lbs on gabupetin. The doctor isn't doing anything for me. No substitutes and no help. this dr has only seen me two times, but the dr i was seeing was my dr for 15 years. Thinking is becoming almost impossible. I was diagnosed with fibro 14 years ago ad have many problems associated with it, such as depression, night terrors, no energy. I can't remember from one room to another what I need to get. I.e. that I can't even remember how much water I have used to cook rice. Right now my heart is racing out of control. could someone call me?(916)529-1697. There is so much more, but I can't think sraight. I hope you can help me

How long have you been off the clonazepam?

We are unable to use the telephone on this system?

Why won't your doctor prescribe this medicine for you?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They took me off of it completely in November for 3 1/2 weeks, then I was put on 2 mg in december, and 1mg now until it is used up and then he won't refill it. I don't know why he won't refill it. He does not give me an answer. I have been off kilter since November and this dr has nothing to say about it. He does not even look at my chart and I have been honest with him. I told him yesterday that if I wanted drugs, i sure wouldn't be asking for this. I would be asking for much more. I just want to be able to think straight and do the things that I need to do.

It sounds like you should gather up your medical records and find another doctor who might be more willing to help you.

Does this make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick