Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Good Morning; I have been diagnose with small aortic aneurysms

Good Morning;
I have been diagnose with small aortic aneurysms in Distal and proximal aorta. Thje measured sizes do not exceed 3.5 cm. I am an adult male, 67 y.o., with Bp 119/68 -- ex-smoker, and drink 1-2 beers per month. My diet is changing to ovovegitarian, to include deep-water fish.
Are there any sources that you are aware of that can help me stabiolize or revers this condition? The growth of the aneurysm is < 1cm/yr.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

There is really no diet or medical treatment that is known to effect the rate of change in an aortic aneurysm.

RickMD :

The only way that medications work in this condition is by controlling the issues that are known to promote growth of the aneurysm

RickMD :

It is important to control your blood pressure and cholesterol and closely watch the aneurysm, which it seems you are doing already.

Thank you; I was hoping for something more positive. Be well.

RickMD :

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's not your fault; you medical training precludes cause/effect investigation, in my opinion. I also know that you are not thoroughly versed in Nutritional Therapies. As a Trained and Certified Nutritionist, I do know about inflammatory remedies, and other such. But in asking the Question of you, I was hoping for a non-surgical stasis for the situation.

Thanks for your time.

I'm sorry but such does not exist.

Ask for DrThomasMD on this site...he is a MD well trained in the issues you are looking for.

I would, however, ask that you change my rating to the lowest positive rating as the bad rating you gave me causes significant damage to my online standing.

Thank you and best of luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX think I have found my answer from anouther source. Thanks for your time -- Be Well

My pleasure.

Just for my education, did you find a diet etc that will treat your aortic aneurysms? I know that I'm never too old to learn :)

Also, it would really help me if you could remove your bad rating by changing it to good.....
Thank you :)