Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had a endoscopy 4 weeks ago which was totally Normal. I didnt

I had a endoscopy 4 weeks ago which was totally Normal. I didn't have heartburn before. After the endoscopy I started getting heartburn and stomach burning. Could the endoscopy have caused this or it's a coincidence?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

How soon after the endoscopy did you start to notice the problems?

RickMD :

Why did you have the endoscopy done?

Customer: Burping and acid in the throat sometimes
Customer: Never heartburn in the chest
Customer: Started noticing it next day or so. Then burning stomach 2 weeks after
RickMD :

Customer: Ten heartburn got worse
RickMD :

It is possible that the endoscopy traumatized your esophagus although, since this is done under direct observation I would think that the doctor would have known if anything out of the ordinary had happened.

RickMD :

It sounds like your reflux is getting worse. Why? That is the bazillion dollar question.

RickMD :

I think, from what you have posted, that you should give your GI doc a call in the morning and see if she will take a look at you to see what is going on.

RickMD :

As you know, continued reflux can damage your esophagus and cause all sorts of long term problems

Customer: Ok seems about right. I. Was just nervous to go back seeing as I felt a direct relationship with getting worse with his procedure
Customer: And he said everything was normal
Customer: So I assumed he might have screwed something up
RickMD :

I don't think he screwed things up....since there is such direct, visual control at all times with endoscopy it is really hard to mes it up :)

RickMD :

But it does sound like your problem is worse and I'm sure that it can be effectively treated

Customer: Ok thank u for your advice
Customer: Oops I clicked the wrong button
Customer: How do I change to excellent sorry
RickMD :

OOps! You can just click excellent and it will void the bad service post. Thanks for noticing :)

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick